Welcome to the IEEE STEP event funding application!Registration is closed. Thank you for your event funding submissions in 2015. The application portal will open in late December 2015 for 2016 STEP events.
The following online form is to be used by IEEE Sections or Young Professional Affinity Groups to request funding for upcoming STEP events. Each STEP event is eligibile of receiving up to $500 USD, up to a maximum of 1 STEP event per year per Section. Additional funding may be available if more than 25 recent graduates attend.
Please read through the following notes in order to ensure successful approval of STEP funding for your event.
You may also wish to download a Sample Application to use as a guide.
Funding request and approval procedure:
- IEEE Section or Young Professional Affinity Group submits details about upcoming STEP event, at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Funding application is reviewed by Liaison volunteer between the MGA SAC and MGA Young Professional groups.
- If your funding request is approved and you provide follow-up materials after event completion, IEEE staff will issue the funding to your Section. If your funding request is not approved, you will receive an email with requested changes.
Online submission procedure:
- If this is your first time submitting a STEP funding request, you will need to create an account. Click "Sign Up" on the top right corner of the page. Follow the instructions to create your account. NOTE: This is separate from your IEEE account.
- Once you have an account, click "Sign In" on the top right corner of the page. You will be redirected to your submissions page, which lists all of your existing STEP funding submissions.
- To create a new submission, click "Create New Submission". Enter a name for your submission, i.e. the name of your STEP event, and click "Get Started".
- You may now proceed to complete the funding request form by clicking "Complete funding request form". Once all the necessary fields have been entered, you will be able to Save & Exit. IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you click Save & Exit, your application is still NOT submitted. You must return to your event home page by clicking "Back to Submission". If you skip this step, your event funding request will NOT be submitted!
- On the event home page, the "Submit Event Info" button should now be active. Click Submit Event Info to finalize your submission. Congratulations! Your STEP event funding request is now submitted! We will contact you in a week or two with the status of your request.
Once your STEP event is approved, you will need to log back in to your account to submit the follow-up material.
STEP event organizers must submit the following material no more than 4 weeks after a STEP event:
- Detailed write-up of the STEP event (Microsoft Word)
- Attendance report, minimum 10 graduating IEEE members with member numbers (Microsoft Excel) and emails
- Photos and/or videos clips
- Final summary of budget (actual vs. forecast)
- Copy of all advertisements used to promote the event (e-mails, invitations, posters, flyers)
- Funding will be issued by IEEE staff twice per month.
- Funding requests submitted for events less than 4 weeks in advance will be NOT be reivewed, and funding will NOT be issued.
STEP event organizers that fail to submit the follow-up materials within 4 weeks of their STEP event will be flagged and may not be granted STEP funding for future events.
We welcome any feedback about the STEP event funding approval procedure. Please send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!